Monday, December 1, 2008

Three Yummy Recipes

This year, our church had a pre-Thanksgiving potluck at the Saesim's. I was inspired from the Food Network to make 2 out of these 3 dishes. It's really not much, but I take pride in it because bottom line, I don't cook that much. Here's what I prepared:
Paula Dean's Banana Split Brownie Pizza
I don't know why this picture keeps coming up sideways, but pretty much I baked brownie pizza in a 13 inch round pizza pan. (bake brownie according to box instructions - I used Duncan Hines Chewy Mix). Then, the spread (in white) is actually cream cheese mixed with a little bit of sugar and crushed pineapples (drained). You don't want to know just how much cream cheese I used. =/ Anyways, you can pretty much add whatever fruit you'd like. I added sliced strawberries, blueberries, & bananas (w/ a little lemon juice to prevent browning).
Wala~~~~~....I love this dessert because it's quick and easy.

And very fun to decorate! =) After putting on the spread & fruit, I added peanuts and chocolate syrup! =)

It was very fun! I have to admit, I was a bit scared of how it would taste (...never tried it before...) Thank goodness it was a hit! =) I mean...how can you go wrong with brownies, cream cheese, and fruit, right???
Here's the link to this wonderful recipe:

Next: Robin Miller's Herbed cheese stuffed bread twists!
1. Buy refrigerated bread sticks. Or if you're gung ho, make your own dough.

2. Dip your finger in water and make a canal.
3. Spread herb cheese through the canal. I used Alouette Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese.

4. Then you fold over both sides to cover the spread.

5. Twist the bread sticks and lay it on a pan (spray with PAM oil) or a cooking sheet. Brush bread sticks with egg white and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have your herbed cheese stuffed bread twists!
Link to the recipe:

And last but not least, my Spring Mix Berry Salad!
Ingredients:
  • Spring Mix greens
  • White Balsamic Vinagrette (or any other vinagrettes)
  • chopped avocado
  • chopped green apple
  • dried cranberries
  • sliced strawberries
  • blueberries
  • blackberries
  • honey glazed sliced almonds
  • feta cheese cubes

You can pretty much add as much as you want to this salad. It's definitely one of my favorites!

Well, there you go! Three delicious recipes and more to come! =)





























2 comments:

esther said...

the dishes all look so good, sharon! even if you don't cook, i would never know because these look professional! thanks for the recipes!

Anonymous said...

The brownie pizza was DELISHUS!!!!!!!