Wednesday, March 11, 2009

13.1

There is no better time to set goals for yourself then in the beginning of the year, right? That's what resolutions are for, no?

Well, the whole purpose of running the Carlsbad 1/2 in January was so that I could get myself somewhat back into shape with intense training prior to the run. So did I take full advantage of this opportunity to shed some pounds? Nope. With very little training, Christine and I somehow managed to finish without any injuries. Phew.

Do you see me in the front? Haha. Yeah right. We were in WAVE 5...way behind.
Out of all the runs I've done in the past, Carlsbad was by far the best because of the weather! Who wouldn't want to run along the beach?
Finished at 2:33:50.
2nd time running her 1/2 and looking good! Great job Christine!

Yay! We did it!
What do you do after you've finished a 13 mile run?! You GRUB! It was my first time at the Beach Grass Cafe in Solana Beach and I absolutely LOVED it, despite the hour long wait. I enjoyed the best in town's UPSIDE-DOWN PINEAPPLE PANCAKES!
Turkey chorizo, avocado, tomato, spinach, cheddar cheese scramble. Yum.

And to reward ourselves, we spent the afternoon relaxing at the Burke Williams Spa in Orange County. It was the perfect way to end the day!












No comments: