Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Motherland

Things I learned about Korea on my last visit:
1. I could NEVER live there. Maybe a month MAX.
2. 80% of the population (or so it seems) has had cosmetic surgery.
3. I ran into a couple men wearing capris and heels.
4. Almost everyone on the subway is listening to music or either dozing.
5. Korean people are rude. There's no such thing as personal space.
6. Food is relatively cheap. I love it.
7. Girls are so vain. They constantly take pictures of themselves.
8. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every other block in Seoul.
9. A big mac meal is less than $3 between 11am-2pm.
10. I hate mosquitos. One night, my left arm was uncovered and was bitten in six different places.
11. I love shopping in Korea. Bargaining is always fun.
12. It's convenient to have subways, although I did miss driving my car.
13. People drink anytime of the day. One day, I was passing a restaurant and a couple was drinking soju at 2pm in the afternoon.
14. The girls wear short shorts!
15. Why can't they get toilet seatcovers???

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again. I've missed seeing and reading about your exciting and busy life.

son said...

hahaha! can't believe those guys and their capris/heels. koreans...

actually been thinking about moving to the motherland for 6 months+ so that i can put the kids in school and force them to learn the language. eek! next year perhaps? we'll see....