Tuesday, November 25, 2008

i heart cupcakes.

Last week, my kitchen was abused like no other. I don't typically cook much, but given all the special occasions lately, I was on a mission to utilize the kitchen. The occasion? Sarah's birthday. We typically bake together (hence ~S & S~ cupcakes) but this time, sans the birthday girl to spare the surprise.


Just getting started...


Unfortunately, I didn't use any of the recipes from these books. It's just for show. =D These were gifts! Next time I will definitely experiment with a cupcake recipe from one of these books. In the meanwhile, Betty Crocker did the job.

My tub full of goodies (frosting tips, sprinkles, etc.)

Before....(bottom left-whipped butter cream, bottom right-whipped cream cheese, & top-creamy cream cheese frosting)

And after food coloring....wa-la~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having fun with pink fondant.

Put 4 cupcakes together and you get a mini-cake? hee hee. Did I mention? Sarah's an avid HELLO KITTY fan (just like me). We'll never grow out of our Hello Kitty phase. BTW, I got the cute candle from Party America. =) Cute, huh?

I tried so hard to be careful with the frosting. I wanted to impress my teacher (sarah).

You probably can't tell but there's a little bit of *sparkle* that I added onto the cupcakes.

The final product.

Of course, I had to taste test. Yes, they were um...quite DEEEEEEEEELIcious!

Sprinkles! Yum.

More Hello Kitty decorations....

Thank goodness for a cupcake carrier (Martha Stewart!)

So what do you think???


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! the cupcakes look great! and what a good idea to put 4 together to make a cake!

Unknown said...

Each cupcake was so perfect~! You did a great job!

mjp said...

omg. too freakin cute.

dsaesim said...

you're so talented, sharon!---elena